top of page


Up to 150 dollars in rent and utility assistance are allocated to those who qualify and can be obtained once per year up to three times in a lifetime. 


To receive assistance: Must apply in person Wednesdays or Fridays from 9-11am with the following documents:

  • Picture ID

  • Social Security cards for everyone in the household. 

  • Proof of all sources of income: PAPER COPIES of check stubs, social security/disability/unemployment award letter, wage statement from department of labor. Include any other benefits like SNAP/food stamps, TANF, Section 8 and/or child support. 

  • Proof of all expenses: PAPER COPIES of all bills, mortgage/leases with financer/landlord contact information.

7129 Turner Lake Circle SW Covington Ga 30014     (770) 784-1884

Agency is currently doing online/phone only applications due to COVID. Call or visit website to apply for help.


Family Support Program. This program offers one-time emergency assistance with rent/mortgage and utilities.

Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). This program offers a payment of $350 or $400 once per program year to be applied to home heating or air bills for low-income households.

Have the following information available for your interview

  • Social security cards for all household members

  • Valid picture ID

  • Proof of income for the last 30 days for all household members 18 years and older

  • Current home heating bill

  • Current electric bill

Phone: (404) 929-2500                   

Can provide once in a lifetime rental/mortgage or utility assistance. Assistance is limited based on funding available each month and likely will not be enough to pay entire bill. 


To receive assistance: Must come in to fill out paperwork with clinic case manager on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday 10am-12pm

5193 Washington St SW, Covington GA 30014       (770) 786-2107 or (770) 788-8274 

Low-income families with children under the age of 18 may qualify for short-term financial assistance called Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF). 


The best place to apply for TANF is online at:  Be prepared to upload supporting documentation including your picture ID, bills for living expenses, income information and proof of residence. The more you upload, the easier it is to be approved.


You can also download a paper application here or apply in-person at the Newton County DFCS office at 4117 Mill St NE,  30014.

bottom of page